Due to the pandemic lockdown in effect in Ontario, Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is forced to announce the postponement of the first Canadian stop of the 2021 North American Cup Series (NACS), the Boulder event scheduled for July 17-18 in Kanata, Ontario.
The province of Ontario has been severely hit by a third wave of the coronavirus in the spring of 2021. The Stay-at-home Emergency Order, closing all indoor facilities in the province, has been in place since April 8. On May 20, the Government of Ontario announced its provincial reopening plan. Climbing facilities have been classified in the Phase 3 of the plan. Optimistic projections put the reopening of climbing gyms to mid- to late-July, with a possibility that the province won’t reach phase 3 until early-August.
Therefore, CEC and the Kanata Altitude Gym, host of the first NACS Canadian Stop, have agreed to postpone the event. Both organizations are committed to hosting this event as soon as it is safe and possible to do so. CEC will consult with partner USA Climbing to determine the ideal postponement plan.
More information will be provided as it becomes available. For any questions or comments, please contact NACS Manager, Sebastian Powell, at email@example.com
Registrations are now OPEN for the first USA stop of the NACS, scheduled in Salt Lake City, Utah, on June 12-13, 2021. Canadian athletes interested in participating must have a valid 2021 CEC Competition License, and register for the event directly through USA Climbing.